Call For Presentations (CFP)
We want to encourage people that wouldn't normally speak at conferences to give it a go! We do this by:
- Having an enforced code of conduct to create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere.
- Having anonymous session voting; we will only show the title, abstract and tags of a talk to voters to remove unconscious bias.
- Having long (45 mins) and short (20 mins) talk options.
- Accepting a broad range of technical and non-technical topics related to the software industry; if voters think your talk is interesting, it's in! You don't have to be a developer to submit a talk (or attend); we welcome everyone in the software industry.
- Encouraging submissions from multiple presenters as well as solo presenters.
- Providing a free mentoring service; we have a bunch of experienced speakers who are happy to have a confidential chat with you to run through any ideas you have or give safe and constructive feedback.
- There will also be free speaker training and support for all speakers, so first timers, juniors, and everyone else are all encouraged to submit and will have support!
- Allowing speakers to opt out of question & answer time at the end of their presentation if they don't feel comfortable doing it.
This year we are using Sessionize to track submissions - this provides a great experience for speakers since you can resubmit talks submitted to other conferences that use Sessionize (e.g. NDC Sydney and the other DDD conferences in Australia) and you can update your profile and session information at any time.
Other things to note for presenters:
- Speakers get free entry into the event; flights and accommodation for speakers are not normally covered (outside of keynote speakers), but if that's a limitation that stops you from speaking then please let us know and we'll reach out to discuss options.
- You will likely be speaking to an audience of between 80-180 people.
- We are not interested in sales/vendor pitch presentations although you are welcome to have a slide or two about yourself and your company.
- You will probably have internet access, but you should have a backup plan in case it's unavailable.
- We will open voting at Sunday 16th June 2019 12:00pm; if your presentation gets voted in and you agree to present then this is a serious commitment.
- Questions? Fire off an email and we'll get right back to you :)
Already submitted, but want to edit?
Next event Saturday 10th August 2019
- One day
- Fully catered
- Inclusive atmosphere
- Interesting presentations
- Awesome people
- Only $79
Note: All dates in +1000.
Monday May 6
12:00pmTicket Release - Wave 1
Saturday Jun 8
03:00pmTicket Release - Wave 2
Saturday Jun 15
11:59pmCall for presentations close
Sunday Jun 16
Saturday Jun 22
Monday Jul 15
Saturday Aug 10
Saturday Apr 13
05:00pmCall for presentations open